The UW Common Book is more than a book; it’s also a gateway into a world of ideas in action. Here, you can discover groups dedicated to building respect on campus and in the community.
Anti-Racism & White Allyship Group
- The Anti-Racism & White Allyship Group is a democratic collective that serves as a supportive space and resource for students, faculty and staff seeking to analyze racism and white privilege in an effort to make the classroom more productive for all.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purpose of this organization is to engage in political discourse through the lens of commonality and bipartisanship, ultimately taking this post-partisan alliance into the community to philanthropically address issues of bipartisan concern.
- Email: email@example.com
- Provide a space for students, faculty, and staff active on campus to connect with each other, engage in democratic discussion, and practice collective decision-making and action.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges: The Interfaith Council
- To reach out and unite religious communities on campus in order to work together toward common goals in service and education.
- Email: email@example.com
Health & Medicine
Active Minds at the University of Washington
- To raise awareness and support for mental health at UW.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges to Health
- The goal of this center is to: 1) improve access to healthcare 2) reduce health disparities 3) raise awareness on important health issues 4) participate in health advocacy efforts.
- Email: email@example.com
- GlobeMed aims to strengthen the movement for global health equity by empowering students and communities to work together to improve the health of the impoverished around the world.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Humanities in Medicine
- Provide a venue to engage the connections between the humanities and medicine amongst peers, staff and faculty and promote the value of a humanistic foundation to enrich the practice of medicine.
- Email: email@example.com
Huskies United for Giving for Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Provide UW students an opportunity to get involved with and support Seattle Children’s Hospital through fundraisers, drives, and volunteer work both within and outside of the hospital.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Health Advisory Quorum
- We help the campus make informed, voluntary, health promoting behavior choices by creating events and collaborating with other campus health organizations.
- Email: email@example.com